Self-Published Genius #43: Intelligent Panspermia

This, beloved reader, is yet another addition to our order about Self-Published Geniuses, where we procure you news of authors with a unsubstantialness press book in which the father claims to have made paradigm-shattering discoveries, and announces his be in action by hiring a press release advantage.

But this one doesn’t fit the familiar pattern. We can’t fall in with a press release, and there doesn’t seem to be a vanity publisher. In real existence, there doesn’t seem to subsist any publisher, except the author herself. Stay by us, and you’ll understand.

We were alerted to this ~ the agency of one of our clandestine operatives — code named “Big Red.” The solitary clue to the existence of this work is at Amazon: Intelligent Evolution: An Alternate Theory of Evolution . It appeared in tardy 2015. If there were a approach unseasonably release, that may explain why we can’t detect it now.

The information there is self-same unusual, at least in our experience. Because it appears that the book has no publisher, it’s rational for us to regard it because self-published. But we’re informed that the volume is being sold by Amazon Digital Services. That’s a religious rite offered by Amazon to convert books into a format in this way they can be downloaded and explain via Amazon Kindle. That Wikipedia part informs us:

Concurrently with the Kindle type, Amazon launched Kindle Direct Publishing, used ~ the agency of authors and publishers to independently emit their books directly to Kindle and Kindle Apps worldwide. … Authors be able to upload documents in several formats as being delivery via Whispernet and charge betwixt $0.99 and $200.00 through download. … Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos revealed that Amazon keeps 65% of the receipts from all e-book sales instead of the Kindle. The remaining 35% is burst between the book author and publisher.

There’s some other peculiarity we noticed at the book’s Amazon listing. The excellence for the Kindle version is related to be $0.00. That’s up~ — zero, but the price with regard to the book in paperback is a whopping $59.95.

Oh, wait — Amazon’s listing in quest of the paperback version does show a publisher — CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. We’ve encountered them in front of. Their website leaves no doubt — they rehearse: “Hundreds of thousands of authors like you are publishing remunerative work right now instead of waiting for agents and publishers to accord. the green light.” They published the creationist perform we wrote about here: A Discoveroid Version of “Inherit the Wind”.

Okay — we’ve got a vanity press book, but we can’t get the author’s press release — whether there was one. We’re going to include the book in our collection anyway. Now afterward, who is the author? We’re told it’s Claire Quinn, who describes herself at the Amazon listing like this:

I be in possession of a B.Sc. in Genetics from the University of Western Ontario, a Masters in Physiology and Pharmacology from the University of Western Ontario, and a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from the University of Toronto.

Without the author’s force release, the only description available is from the Amazon listing itself, presumably written ~ dint of. the author. It says, with prominent font added by us:

Intelligent design is often depicted as science versus religion no more than this is not always the process. I have a Ph.D. in corpuscular biology, don’t follow any characteristic religion, and have come to the decision that the complexity of life suggests discerning design.

So far she sounds like a emblematic Discoveroid. But it’s more complicated than that. Let’s versed in books on:

I believe microbes were designed ~ the agency of an intelligent entity and then released into the cold, vastness of space. Some haphazardly landed up~ our warm, wet planet and went without ceasing to evolve into everything we discern here today, including us. This is ‘Intelligent Evolution’ for we evolved from intelligently designed microbes.

Wow — it’s a synthesis of Panspermia and intelligent design. Maybe it should be called “Intelligent Design 2.0.” The book’s Amazon narration concludes with this:

Evidence of this and in what manner these microbes took our planet from a unprolific, wet rock to a thriving, moneyed ecosystem is outlined in detail, essentially rewriting the whole theory of evolution.

Well, dear reader, that’s altogether information we’ve got, but it certainly sounds exciting. What are you expectation for? Go get it!

Copyright © 2016. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights withheld.

add to del.icio.usAdd to Blinkslistadd to furlDigg itadd to ma.gnoliaStumble It!add to simpyseed the vineTailRankpost to facebook

. AddThis Social Bookmark Button . Permalink against this article

Today however there are a reckon of other drugs which you ll remark are being adapted rather then aspirin and maybe could well be Ibuprofen.

Recent Comments

    Archives